Effective as of 1 October 2020
Respecting your right to privacy, HANDIEU applies the appropriate solutions that ensure it.
We collect your personal data transmitted in the course of using the Website with the utmost care and in accordance with applicable laws, respecting the rights of privacy and guarantee all persons using the Website that the shared data will be adequately protected against takeovers by third parties.
We respect your privacy.
HANDIEU does not disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your consent, except as provided in this policy.
You can control your privacy settings using the unsubscribe buttons available in the privacy tab of your account settings and by using the link to Privacy Settings visible in the footer of most pages on the site and on the home page.
Who administers your personal data?
The administrator of your personal information is HANDIEU S.a.r.l.-S. in Luxembourg, 29, Boulevard du Prince Henri, L-1724 Luxembourg, under registered number B245996, EU-VAT number LU32281007.
What are the requirements of the HANDIEU regarding the age of users?
HANDIEU requires all account holders to be over 18 years old. Minors under 18 years of age and over 13 years of age may use the HANDIEU Services only with the permission and direct supervision of the account holder. Children under 13 years of age are not allowed to use the Services. You are responsible for all activities conducted by minors on your account.
How do we collect your personal data?
In the course of providing the services we collect or receive personal information in several different ways. We receive personal data belonging to the categories described below from the following sources:
– directly from you, for example, during registration or through the forms you fill out;
– not directly from you, based on your actions and interactions with our Services or the device or browser through which you use our services;
– from our suppliers and service providers providing services to the HANDIEU with which you may interact (e.g., payment and customer service services), and
– from our external advertising and marketing partners.
What data do we collect?
When you use the Website, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, in particular by filling out the registration form and an order form.
The data collected through this form: First name, Last names, Address, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, Tax Identification Number.
Provision of the above data is voluntary but necessary in order to register an account on the Website, as well as handle and process the placed order.
We can also record your data when you contact us by phone, e-mail or traditional post.
Completing the form, you can also opt to receive the newsletter (commercial information by electronic means) to an e-mail address provided by you. You may revoke your consent at any time.
What information do we need to provide the service?
In order to use the Service, you must provide a valid e-mail address and the name associated with your account. Additional information may be required to provide the service, such as store name, billing and payment details (including billing contact, address, telephone number, credit card details), telephone number and/or postal address.
What additional data can we store ?
We may store credit card and other information you provide during the execution of a transaction for billing and payment related purposes, as well as for transaction processing.
What data from advertising and marketing partners we process?
HANDIEU receives information about you from its advertising and marketing partners. This information may include attribution data provided by cookies and tags in URLs to determine where you have come to HANDIEU, responses to marketing emails and advertisements, responses to offers and recipient information from partners who have obtained your consent to share such information with HANDIEU.
What information about your location is processed by HANDIEU?
We collect information about your use of the Services for advertising and analytical purposes, to provide content and to protect the Services. This may include data such as your IP address, browser information. We obtain the location information you provide in your profile or IP address. With your permission, we may also determine your location using other data from your device, such as accurate location information from GPS or wireless or mobile network information or transmitters near your mobile device.
Legal basis for data processing
The data is processed to provide you with requested services HANDIEU communication, handling inquiries or recruitment. The legal basis for data processing is art. 6 sec. 1a, b and / or art. 6 sec. 1c of the GDPR Regulation 2016/679. These include cases where:
– you have consented to the processing of data, which you may withdraw at any time;
– it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, court order or to enforce or defend a possible or asserted legal claim;
– It is necessary to pursue legitimate interests of us or third parties such as visitors, members or partners (see details below);
– you have expressly made this information public;
– It is necessary in the public interest, for example, to prevent a crime; and
– in some cases, when it is necessary to protect your or someone else’s vital interests (in the rare case where there may be a need to exchange information in order to prevent fatalities or injuries).
How do we use the data collected?
The information we collect is used only for the purposes for which you expressed your consent, also to contact you via e-mail or by phone, to handle and process the placed order, determine your preferences for products and send you promotional and marketing materials.
What are your rights with respect to the personal data we collect?
The right to access and transfer your data.
You have access to certain personal data related to your account in your account privacy settings. You may request a copy of your personal data in an easily accessible format and information on how your data is used.
The right to rectify data.
You have the right to request the rectification of any information concerning you that is untrue. In your account settings you can correct and change some of the personal information associated with your account.
The right to restrict data processing.
In certain cases where we process your personal data, you may also have the right to limit the use of your data.
The right to delete data.
In some cases, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data except for information that we must retain under the law, applicable regulations or to protect the security and integrity of the TRADE.
The right to object.
If we process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests, as explained above, or in the public interest, you may object to such processing under certain circumstances.
The right to withdraw consent.
In cases where the use of your data is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data by us by using special features to enable you to withdraw your consent, such as a link in the email or your account privacy preferences. If you have agreed to share your location details, but no longer want to share this information with us, you can withdraw your consent to share this information through your mobile device settings.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Security and confidentiality
We use all technical and organizational means to ensure the safety of your personal data and to protect them from accidental or deliberate destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. The information is stored and processed on high security servers, with observance of proper security measures, meeting the requirements of Luxembourgish law.
Remember not to make public any personal data through the Website. Making such data accessible to the public is at your sole responsibility.
Who do we share your personal data with?
– other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the services)
– registered sellers that you make the transaction with
– third party business partners
– other parties authorized by you
– social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
– hosting service providers
We also share personal data when we believe it is necessary to:
– comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
– protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
– maintain the security of our products and services.
We also share personal data with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
How long we retain your data?
HANDIEU will retain your data only as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, as long as your account is active (i.e. for the entire duration of your HANDIEU member account) or as long as necessary to provide services. If you do not want your information to be used by the HANDIEU to provide services, you can close your account. HANDIEU will store and use your data to the extent necessary to fulfill our legal obligations (e.g. if we are obliged to store your data in order to comply with applicable tax/financial regulations), to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements and in other ways described in this policy. In addition, the vendors of HANDIEU may also be required to store and use your data in order to fulfil their legal obligations. Please note that closing an account may not release your email address, username or store name (if any) for reuse in your new account.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data?
When you visit the site or use our services, the HANDIEU automatically collects and saves information from your browser or your mobile device. Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
– IP address
– Device identifiers
– Web browser information
– Page view statistics
– Browsing history
– Usage information
– Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
– Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
– Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
We process this personal data based on the following legitimate business interests:
– Network security
– Personalization of web content
– Evaluation of quality of writing to consider engagement
– Web analytics
– Provision of rewards
– Administrative matters
Our contact data
For all necessary contact data, go to the Contact section on our Website.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your web browser. They contain collections of information that are stored on your computer when you visit the Website. Then, during each subsequent visit they are sent back to the Website, from which they were collected, or to another, which recognizes the cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow the website to recognize a user device when re-visiting the Website. We want to know which categories you visit more often than others, so we can work to perfectly tailor our offer and the manner of its presentation to your needs. It is you who provides us with knowledge on how we should develop and what your needs are.
Cookies do not destroy or damage in any way the system on your computer, stored files, nor deliberately adversely affect its performance or functionality. Identification is impersonal, anonymous and the data only contains information on the manner and form of using the Website.
For more information on cookies, please go to:
https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or “Help” section of your web browser.
- provide services;
- customise the contents of the Websites to match your preferences and optimise the use of such websites; the cookies in particular allow to recognise your device and display the Website in an appropriate manner, according to your individual needs;
- create statistics which provide insight into the manner in which the Users use the Website, which enables us to improve its structure and contents;
- present advertisements in a manner tailored to your unique needs and interests, and your place of residence;
- ensure the safety and reliability of the Website.
Types of cookies used
There are two basic types of cookies used by the Web Service:
- session – these are temporary files that are stored on your end device until logging out, leaving the Website or disabling software (web browser); and
- persistent – these are files are stored on your end device during the time specified in the parameters of such cookies or until they are deleted by you.
Due to the purpose of the Website we use the following types of cookies:
- required cookies – these are the files necessary for the smooth movement around the Website and the use of all functions of the Website. Your consent to our use of these cookies is not required;
- performance cookies – collect information on how the Website is used by the user, such as the most frequently visited sites and messages when errors occur. They do not collect identifying information about users. Their aim is to improve the functioning of the Website;
- functionality cookies – these files allow the site to remember the choices made (if any) by the user (user name, language or region) and provide features tailored to individual needs (if such features are available). For example, the site can be used to store changes to text size, fonts and other personalized web page elements. Information collected in these files is anonymous and does not track user’s activity on other sites;
- advertising cookies – they help in providing advertisements corresponding to the user’s interests. They can collect information about the habits of using web browsers and customize the ads to the user’s interests;
- statistical cookies – to collect and calculate statistics concerning the Website
Please be advised that in addition to our own cookies we also use external cookies published by our partners through the Website, in particular for advertising and statistical purposes.
Cookies published on your end device through the Website can also be used by our partners.
Probably your browser by default is configured to accept all cookies.
You can, however, independently and at any time change the settings for cookies, specifying conditions of their storage and access by cookies to your end device. You can make changes to the settings referred to by using the settings of your web browser. Such settings may be changed in the menu of the web browser in particular to block the automatic acceptance of cookies or to require notification each time Cookies are stored on your end device. Detailed information on the possibilities and manners of managing cookie files is available in the settings of the software used (web browser).
If such changes are not made that means that cookies may be placed and stored on your end device, and thus we will store cookies on your end device and access them.
In addition, at any time, you can delete cookies using the features available in the web browser you are using.
Links to other websites and external services
In the case of links to other web pages posted on the Website we reserve that we may not be held responsible for the privacy practices of the owners of these domains and websites. Before you start to use third-party websites, please read the relevant documentation on privacy protection.